Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camel nonfilters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

cooljay788 is on a distinguished road
Default Camel nonfilters

I notice when I look at cig carton prices online, the NF Camels usually cost more than the filtered Camels. I wasn't aware nonfilter brands cost more than filtered brands.

Although I know Senecas are available in NFs. And those NFs cost the same as the otha Seneca brands. But then again, that NF brand is made by Natives. Not Big Tobacco.

My grandpa used to smoke Camel NFs.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:24 PM

Rodwy is on a distinguished road

I bought a pack about a week or two back, they are a good Non-filtered smoke, but wasn't what I was looking for, but I probably will smoke them from time to time.

I noticed NF brands are usually about $0.50-$1.00 more than regular brands, it kinda sucks because I love the taste and feel of many unfiltereds.

Camel NF's are good but they are only second best to Lucky Strike and Pall Mall non-filtereds in my opinion.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:02 PM

bobbyT is on a distinguished road

you'd think they'd be cheaper b/c they have less cost of manufacturing since by definition each pack has 20 less filters added into the cost of goods sold, it's not like they give you more tobacco in place of where the filter originally was!! Less product, either the same or higher price, priceless!
Old 02-05-2009, 05:13 PM

Smylex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Smylex

These are good but not what I like to smoke alot of. I prefer Luckies over these any day.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Entry Member

Lester is on a distinguished road
Default Camel nonfilters

Have smoked Camel NF's for yea many years. Needless to say I think them the best smoke in the world. When traveling in Europe the French Gitane NF is very fine too, but those found in the US are made under license in Canada and lack "grip" somehow. Found some fine smokes in Turkey years ago as well.

Non-filter cigarettes are harder to find every year, sorry to say. I find them in gen'l far easier on the draw, more flavourful, more satisfying . . . and less litter-producing. Have started to claim my evil habit is far less evil because I smoke "organic" cigarettes, which produces a double-take damn near every time.

My question is this: What has changed recently, i.e., in the past 6 months or so? The smoke is different somehow -- still the best, mind you, but different. Don't say I have been influenced by the change in cello-band opener colour from red to clear, though the flavour change does seem to have occurred about the same time? Does anyone know?

Ah, Camels. They so fine. Have walked far more than a mile for one in years past; rather than a toast-dry Lucky or a harshish long-winded Pall Mall, I would do so again (Chesterfields would be my second choice, if forced). Cheers, All. ---------- Lester
Old 03-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

cooljay788 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lester View Post
Have smoked Camel NF's for yea many years. Needless to say I think them the best smoke in the world. When traveling in Europe the French Gitane NF is very fine too, but those found in the US are made under license in Canada and lack "grip" somehow. Found some fine smokes in Turkey years ago as well.

Non-filter cigarettes are harder to find every year, sorry to say. I find them in gen'l far easier on the draw, more flavourful, more satisfying . . . and less litter-producing. Have started to claim my evil habit is far less evil because I smoke "organic" cigarettes, which produces a double-take damn near every time.

My question is this: What has changed recently, i.e., in the past 6 months or so? The smoke is different somehow -- still the best, mind you, but different. Don't say I have been influenced by the change in cello-band opener colour from red to clear, though the flavour change does seem to have occurred about the same time? Does anyone know?

Ah, Camels. They so fine. Have walked far more than a mile for one in years past; rather than a toast-dry Lucky or a harshish long-winded Pall Mall, I would do so again (Chesterfields would be my second choice, if forced). Cheers, All. ---------- Lester
Sounds like you're smoking fire-safe nonfiltered Camels made by RJR. And since RJR decided to make all of their brands fire-safes months ago, I'm not surprised the NF Camels taste different to you.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:52 PM

smkreds is on a distinguished road

I've had Camels, Luckies and Pall Malls. My choice is Pall Malls...taste is great and I prefer the longer length. NF's are not my everyday smoke but are nice every now and then.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:06 PM

hardhead is on a distinguished road

Lester -

I'm with you, man - Camels (as I've always called them) aka Camel non-filters (as they're known now) are, as far as I'm concerned, the Rolls-Royce of American cigarettes. Smoked them for well over 30 years, until all the lawsuits and settlements just ran the prices too high. I still buy a pack now and again, as a treat and a reminder of better days.

They're tasting different now, like cooljay said, because of the fire-safe chemicals.

Luckies are OK, too (I started out with Luckies), as are Pall Malls - but both are getting harder to find, and, as name-brands, they're pretty expensive, too. What I've been smoking about the last 7-8 years is Kentucky's Best nfs - not up to Camel quality, fer shur, but still not far off, and a LOT cheaper. Don't know if you can get 'em in your area, but just google "Kentucky's Best" and there's lots of online sellers that's got 'em.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:23 PM

thor91 is on a distinguished road

Up until Camel changed their blend, UF were the only Camels I wouldn't even set eyes on and smoke. I love unfiltered Camels but they cost over $6 in IN. Luckies are my favorite UF and are only $4.10 at K-Mart!

Last edited by thor91; 02-04-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 AM

cooldude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to cooldude Send a message via Yahoo to cooldude Send a message via Skype™ to cooldude
Cool

The only people I have ever seen smoke these non-filtered cigs were little old ladies and the last time I saw this, the old lady was using a King Size non-filter brand (longer than a regular nf).